Atlas Access Training Pty Ltd works closely with a recognised RTO organisation in the industry to provide you with further certification for RIIWHS204E Work Safely at Heights. Consider completing this course to gain further qualifications.
About the Course
This course has been developed to cater for all persons that are required to work at any height where there is a potential to fall and cause injury, fall from one level to another, work in elevated work platforms, work from scaffold, are required to be compliant with local legislation, Australian Standard AS/ NZS: 1891.
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to work safety at heights in the civil construction, telecommunications, transmission, distribution, rail, oil and gas, transport, automotive, agriculture and more. It is delivered in just 1 day, with a mix of classroom & practical skills learning.
You will attain the practical application and knowledge required to work safely at heights including:
- The relevant statutory and regulatory authority requirements
- The names and functions of equipment, components, and materials
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- The nature of work undertaken at heights
- The processes of providing for safe work practices & safe work methods
- Safety considerations to facilitate working safely at heights
- Access, interpret and apply technical and safety information
- Comply with environmental requirements, i.e., powerlines
- Pendulum effect, snagging, effects of free fall and suspension trauma
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles where you are required to perform work at heights.
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
GET IN TOUCH